who we are
All services in one place
FAQ - PowerBI
Most frequent questions and answers
The Power BI service is a cloud-based business analytics service that enables anyone to visualize and analyze data with greater speed, efficiency, and understanding. It connects users to a broad range of cloud-based and on-premises data through easy-to-use dashboards, interactive reports, and compelling visualizations that bring data to life.
Power BI supports these browsers on all platforms where they’re available:
- Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Internet Explorer 11. Some advanced features, such as lineage view, aren’t supported in Internet Explorer.
- Microsoft 365 apps and services, including Power BI, no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11).
- Chrome desktop latest version
- Safari Mac latest version
- Firefox desktop latest version. Firefox may change the fonts used in Power BI
Power BI Pro is an individual user license that allows access to all content and capabilities in the Power BI service.
Power BI Premium provides a capacity to deliver more consistent performance. It also supports larger data volumes in Power BI.
The way you interact with Power BI will depend on your job role. As an end user or business user, you are the person who receives content (dashboards, reports, and apps) from colleagues.