10 workplace security tips to protect employees
Your workplace should be safe for everyone. Here are ten tips for developing a workplace security program that protects employees and their big ideas.
COVID-19 wasn’t the only virus that affected workplaces during the pandemic. Cybercrime and data breaches have been on the rise too. In fact, 49% of organizations suffered a cyber attack over the past two years.
Workplace security is top of mind for everyone, especially office managers and IT leaders. 44% of security professionals worry about external hackers, and 56% worry about internal employee mistakes.
But, don’t let the statistics get you down! Before you stress about your digital security, check out 10 security tips for the workplace to protect your people and their work.
- Arm your office manager with the right tools;
- Offer unique Wifi credentials for visitors;
- Cross-reference visitors against a block list;
- Streamline the delivery process;
- Know who is on-site at all times;
- Focus on workplace security for remote workers;
- Install a badgeless access system for all employees;
- Use a password protection tool;
- Make a plan, then rehearse it; and,
- Train your employees regularly